Highlights of Disneyland:
- Seeing my entire family together at the same place!
- Riding the storybook rides with Brighton
- Going to Toon Town an hour before it opening and having the place virtually to ourselves
- Brighton meeting Tiana (her favorite princess) Ariel and Jasmine in the princess castle and then hearing a Snow White story followed by dancing with the princesses.
- Eating a corn dog!
- Not being pregnant so I could ride the thrill rides like space mountain, Screamin' over California and Tower of Terror.
- Watching Brighton LOVE the scary roller coasters like Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. She takes after mommy and daddy.
- Watching Aaron's face on Soarin' over California.
Highlights of the Disney cruise:
- Sitting on the back of the boat eating dessert right after we got on the ship and basking in the sun. Brighton was sitting on the ground eating ice cream and the grown ups were all sitting around and I just had a feeling of complete and utter BLISS!
- All the amazing dinners/desserts we had. I tried lobster, swordfish, escargot... didn't really like any of them. But I tried them! My favorite was the vanilla bean creme brule. Holy yumminess.
- Again- meeting the princesses. Seeing Brighton get so shy and excited was so fun. All the other characters were fun too. Brighton had all her princess dresses that she wore to dinner each night.
- Trying to punk Tami and having it backfire in my face! Tami and Marthea- you better watch it!
- All of our port adventures including the Pirates of Penzance, Gordo Lele's, Lover's beach, the Dolphin show and shopping in Mexico.
- The departure party, the pirate party, the midnight dessert buffets.
- The shows! Oh goodness gracious, the shows. I LOVED the Toy Story show even though I think the Disney Dreams one was supposed to be the best one. The Golden Mickeys was awesome... all of them were SO good! The beat-boxing juggler- awesome.
- Having some adult time while Brighton was in the Oceaneer Lab. (don't have a dirty mind!)
- Just being with my family!
- Singing "Time of our lives" karaoke to my parents.
- Karaoke- "If I had a million dollars" with Heather.
Did I mention everything? It was just so incredible and almost surreal. I missed Deacon like crazy but not so much that it ruined anything. Only when I saw other babies did I think about him. However- it was heartbreaking when I went to pick him up, expecting a warm welcome and he did NOT want to leave grandpa's arms. It took a couple days for him to love me again. We took about 1200 pictures- for realsies. Posting pictures takes forever on this blog, but if you want to see them, visit aaronflake.com Here are the few I have on my laptop