Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Phases.

 Whenever a child, especially a toddler, does something naughty, people like to refer to it as "just a phase". Well Piper has a nice, fun assortment of phases right now! Including (but not limited to) taking off her pants whenever and wherever she can, climbing up on the bathroom counter and turning on the water, climbing up on the table to destroy whatever anyone is working on/eating, not eating anything herself. But my favorites are following me around all day screaming "mom!" at the top of her lungs like an angry teenager, screaming super loud whenever any other child goes near her and being REALLY mean to Deacon. In fact, a woman at the store actually stopped me yesterday to tell me that her baby also went through a really loud screaming phase and she recommended ear plugs. It's THAT loud.  My theme song for her right now is "Why you gotta be so mean?" The tricky part is when I get upset with her and attempt to use a stern "NO" voice, she thinks it's really funny and laughs and says "wowwy" (sorry)... and smiles her huge smile which makes it really hard to stay mad!  This video was at first an attempt to capture the way she yells "mom!" I didn't really get the essence of the way her voice usually sounds when she yells it, but I did capture a screaming match with her and Deacon over some root beer and in the end her hitting on Deacon. Seriously, she whacks him with toys and pulls his hair whenever possible and he just takes it like a champ. Little stinker. I should have let the camera roll longer but my instinct to stop the hitting took over. Enjoy. :)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments: