Friday, November 1, 2013

Mom fail.

I was an epic fail this week when it came to being a mom! Especially when it comes to Brighton.
Monday: in September, when it was rainy, I told her I would pick her up in the front of the school with all the other kids if it was rainy, so she could wait under the school awning instead of the back of the school where I pick her up on the street. Well she forgot and I briefly looked at the back of the school but then hurried to the front of the school to pick her up. After waiting in the 10 minute car line I got to the front only to be told she was not there. I hurried through the after-school traffic to the back of the school and found her on the corner, standing in the rain with her vest over her head, crying. I wanted to die I felt so bad.
Tuesday: The kids at school were supposed to wear university or college shirts in support of Red Ribbon Week. Well, I forgot and sent her to school in her own school colors.
Wednesday: Brighton's class had prepared a 20 minute play that they were performing two times during the day, so parents could come. I got the information about the play in the same email as all the other info about Red Ribbon Week. Needless to say, I forgot. Again. At the end of the day she said "Where were you? I kept waiting and looking for you to come." Talk about knife through the heart. Also Wednesday, the day before Halloween, we were supposed to carve pumpkins. But with Aaron working 90+ hours a week, I just didn't have the energy for that. So I skipped it, thinking Brighton wouldn't notice. But yesterday after Halloween was all over she was mad that we never carved pumpkins. What kind of parents don't even carved pumpkins with the kids? Us, I guess.

However, we did take our kids trick or treating until they couldn't take anymore. And we had a good time. Piper loved walking up to the door holding out her bag and watching the candy fall in. I will post Halloween pictures next. I also volunteered at Brighton school party, which I always love. I love seeing her in her classroom and the look on her face when she sees me show up. It's my favorite. Plus, a little girl told me I looked like Barbie, and that's pretty much the best compliment you can get from a 6 year old girl. ;)

Maybe I should wait to publish this post until Sunday, because I still have two and a half more days to mess up. Haha. Or maybe if I publish it now all my screw ups will be over. I'll go with that one.

No comments: