Monday, November 18, 2013

Facebook fast

Lately I find myself in a love/hate relationship....with Facebook. A) I check it way too often. B) I find a lot of it really annoying. I think my mature age is making me want to put up with less bullpoop but I still find myself too nosy about said annoying people's lives to block them. (See A) C) I'm catching myself thinking in Facebook status language, don't pretend it doesn't exist cause it totally does. I don't want to be the friend who over shares, seeks validation, only posts about her kids, fishes for compliments or whines. Therefore in an effort to break my habit I started writing down facebook posts to blog instead of posting them. Maybe I'll start a "weekly facebook posts that never were" roundup.
Week 1:
-Bright just called her wrist her "arm ankle".
-Deacon just asked the question every parent dreads... "why doesnt xylophone start with a z?"
-Piper keeps begging me to peel her an orange then pulls it apart and says "ewwwww." No more orange for you!
- I guess asking a 6-year-old if the show they are watching is appropriate is like asking a hitchhiker if he's a serial killer before picking him up.
-when you walk in the room and your husband is asleep do you ever hover over him making weird faces hoping he will open his eyes?
-When Deac gets tired he starts touching his lips with his fingertips really softly.  Its so cute.., I dont want to ever forget those little things.
-Trying to teach Piper how to slurp spaghetti resulted in her blowing noodles all over the kitchen.
-I just told Bright she was the peanut butter to my jelly. She said "im the pb cause I'm all energy like protein and you're jiggly and tired like jelly".... hmmmm
-Deacon was making yummy noises and enjoying his lunch when he says "mmmm...this is good mom...couldn't have done it without ya".
-I just got kicked full force right in the eye by a 6 year old trying to put on a really hard shoe..owwww!!!!
-So were walking out of best buy Saturday and it's raining so I get the kids out of the shopping cart and said let's just run. SO Bright takes off running but slips and falls, on the way down reaches out and grabs deacons leg and takes him down too...face first, flat, right into a huuuge puddle of water! ! He was soaked and it was all I could do not to laugh.
Plus: owie!! Pip ran right into an open door!

And lastly, Pip just spilled juice on me....on the most awkward place ever. 

1 comment:

Claire said...

These are the best! I love that you've become the orange nazi :) Can't wait to have kids old enough to say funny things!