Sunday, August 19, 2018

#1 Hamil-FAN


I know everyone is a little Hamilton obsessed these last couple years bur Brighton is the biggest Hamil-fan I know! Two Christmases ago she came across the soundtrack on my phone and had headphones on her head for DAYS listening to the soundtrack on repeat. So when I heard it was coming to Salt Lake (only 5 hours away!) in May of 2018 I vowed to do everything possible to get tickets. Months in advance I signed up on the email list and checked my email every day to see when tickets would go on sale. The morning the tickets went up we had 8 devices on line in a virtual waiting room and finally one computer got through before it sold out! We had four tickets so it was Aaron, Brighton, Lynzi and I.
 Watching her face throughout the show literally brought me to tears. She was fan-girling so hard and the joy on her face was amazing! (She did put her head down for the entire seduction scene though even though I told her it wasn't explicit.) LOL
  After the show we had a heads-up that one or two cast members MIGHT come out the stage door to sign autographs so we bought a program book and went outside. WELL, not only did one or two cast members come out they ALL did! They met us and took pics and signed the book, which Brighton proudly displays over her pillow every time she makes her bed. When we left and were walking over to her car she was CRYING! This is the first time I've ever had a kid happy cry and then Aaron and I both started crying. I really think it might have been the best night of her entire life.
She had to show her Hamilton T shirt under her dress!







Are you Araon Burr, sir? It depends, who's asking, "Oh Sure, sir..."


Hercules Mulligan!

Alexander Hamilton. My name is Alexander Hamilton. And there's a million things I haven't done...just you wait...just you wait.




Also Hamilton related- the 5th grade did an end of the school year "Wax Museum" event where each kid had a character they learned all about and then memorized a speech to recite when someone put a quarter in their jar. Who did Brighton pick? Hamilton! I'm also kinda proud of the jacket I made her out of random crap I found at Goodwill. Score! Her poster was a $10 bill and it had a bunch of flaps you could lift up to reveal facts about Alexander Hamilton.
She did an amazing job and spoke with such poise when she delivered her speech!




No comments: