Monday, March 17, 2008

There's Always A Reason

Now, I'm not the poster child for keeping in touch with old friends. In fact, I kind of stink at it. I've had a wedding announcement from an old roommate, Nora, in my drawer for about 3 years. It's made 3 moves with me because I keep thinking "I really want to send her a letter to get back in touch!". Now it's next to an old gummy lifesaver and a scrunchie in the junk drawer in my kitchen... just waiting.

I digress, keeping in touch with old friends isn't the reason I'm blogging, if you can call it that yet. Basically it's a big learning experiment for me. (does this thing have spell check?) I've recently made the transition from TV news to PR and some of our clients need assistance with blogs and I'm SO out of touch these days. So I need to jump in the blogesphere... (I'm sure that's a word, right?)

So here I am world, a 29 year old PR girl who is behind the times when it comes to blogging! So my second reason, is to seem hip. Now I can say, hey, check out my blog. How long will it be before people are putting their blogs on their business cards? Is it already happening?

See how much I don't know?

Don't be surprised if this blog is just me rambling. I need some kind of outlet and a way to get all this stuff out of my head, and writing in an actual journal takes too long. So there you have it, a few of my reasons.

No comments: