Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spelling Bee!

I'm just gonna start by saying I'm probably the worst "school mom" in the world. My kids better learn responsibility quickly because I'm TERRIBLE at making my kids do homework, or teaching them anything. Deacon taught himself to read at age 3-4 and whenever I tell anyone he can read I like to make sure they know that it has NOTHING to do with me. He's just a freak.
Anyway, through no fault of my own Brighton is an awesome speller! I noticed she was always getting perfect scores on spelling tests (again, not because I EVER maker her study them.) so when some information came about a school spelling bee I encouraged her to give it a try. She has stage fright (you wouldn't guess that if you know her) so it took some prodding. She made the top 10 in the class before we had a chance to really study the words and then we worked pretty hard on studying the words. But there were like 100 of them!
I was so excited when she made top 3 in her class and got to go on to the school bee! It was funny though because she didn't want to do the school bee. She said she only wanted to do the class one because "the kids think I'm not smart and I wanted to show them that I am." Mission accomplished. But she went on to the school-wide bee and she did a great job! She only messed up because she got going too fast.

No comments: